I think I just had a nightmare about high school english. I’m back in San Diego, but oddly, my high school is coed and populated by a mix of my current friends and the people I knew in grade school. We’re all walking to Mr. Adam’s Honors English class. When we get there, here’s what’s going on:
- Somehow, I’m late, despite having walked there with everyone else.
- There is a vocab test and a writing exam I’m not ready for and know nothing about.
- A note passed on a previously graded assignment says to expect a low final grade since I hadn’t turned in any other homework.
- No matter which desk I got into, it isn’t mine.
- Even the “stupid” kids look like they are writing furiously.
So now I’m wide awake.