Well, in adding the weather stripping to Roomba-kun, I found that he may have some damage.Â It doesn’t affect the overall performance, he vacuums fine.
It looks like a piece of plastic may have broken off of the inner part of the brush assembly.Â I’ll have to take him apart and see if the part I need is available as salvage or as a refurbished part.Â Thankfully there is a good Roomba tear-down guide.
Then, then I can rebuild him.
Although in all seriousness I probably should at least do the firmware upgrade and get a new battery, and replace what looks like the gearbox cover for the brush assembly.
And if I pull this off, I can say that I’ve repaired a robot.