Getting back (however briefly) into World of WarCraft exposes me to all sorts of WoW related things.
For instance, the Steelseries World of WarCraft MMO gaming mouse, which has no less than 15 programmable buttons.
Which is a lot of buttons, but I guess enough buttons to be the official World of WarCraft mouse.
Steelseries the website unfortunately loves flash a little too much, so here’s the breakdown of the mouse:
- Macros up to 160 characters
- A total of 15 programmable buttons
- Over 130 predefined commands for drag-and-drop macro creation
- 16 million illumination choices with 3 intensity and pulsation levels
- World’s first gaming mouse designed exclusively for World of Warcraft®
I’ve been playing WoW enough that I can see that this seems gimmicky, and not in a rock band stage kit sort of way. Which is to say that I don’t see how this can add to your experience.
On the other hand, I can see that this is for the most hardcore of fans, and I’m not the target audience.
On the other, other hand, 16 million illumination possibilities is possibly enough of a bullet point to get me to purchase this mouse, when it inevitably goes on clearance.
The Logitech G19 Keyboard however, looks positively palpable.